Tuesday, December 20, 2016

16 Weeks until Baby Girl!



I am 23 ½ weeks pregnant! Yea! We are so excited to be having a little girl. Compared to my last pregnancy this one has been a breeze (apart from the emotional imbalance). When I was 24 weeks along with JM I had severe muscle spasms in my back that, unfortunately, could not be relieved. They couldn’t give me any shots because it might affect the baby. They wouldn’t give me any pain pills because it would affect the baby. I was basically bed ridden because I was in so much pain. When the pain finally started to ease I found out I had preeclampsia and was placed on official bed-rest until the baby was born 4 weeks later. He was 6 weeks early and because I had been unable to do anything for the past 2 months we were far from ready for him at home. My wonderful family set up the crib, changing table, made sure we had preemie clothes and diapers for him. I still felt very unprepared.

This time, even though this have been going so much smoother (I’m comparing trimester to trimester, not overall because I’m not done yet) I still worry that something might happen again and I really want to be more prepared this time. This morning I went through all of the baby clothes I saved from JM and all of the clothes we have been given for baby girl. Without me having added anything that I have already purchased (not much) we already have twice the amount of clothing for baby girl than we did for JM. We were given a lot for JM, and I still had to buy about 1/3 of the clothes we needed.

Boys clothes preemie through 3-6 months. I bought 1/3 of these.

Girls clothes preemie through 3-6 months. All have been given to us.
I have an entire diaper box full of clothes that were given to us for baby girl that I don’t want because of style or stains. My husband says we should keep it just in case, but I think that even if she never wore the same outfit twice she still wouldn’t be able to wear all of the clothes we have for her. And she’s not even here yet! I also have a friend giving me a baby shower so I know we will receive even more clothes. What am I going to do? I usually win when I want to downsize the amount of stuff we have, but sometimes MD is sneaky and will hide a box of things he thinks I shouldn’t give away. He’s done it before when I’ve tried to get rid of old clothes…

No comments:

Post a Comment