Thursday, December 31, 2015

Random Thoughts: Whilst Baking





Here is a general approximation of when through my mind earlier today as I made myself some yummy cookies. 




One does what one must when one wants cookies. Especially when one is sick. One barely has the energy to get off the couch to calm one’s crying child, but one will walk all over the kitchen to bake delicious chocolate chip cookies.

 Mmm, chocolate…

Why is it, when you don’t need something it’s always staring you in the face saying “I’m here whenever you’re ready” but when you do need it, it is nowhere to be found?

Oh, look! There are the cupcake liners I was looking for last month. Dude! If I had enough energy to be upset right now…No, I probably still wouldn't be upset.

Sheesh! It’s so hot, it’s like there’s an oven in here… oh wait. Ah, good yoke!

How does my husband put up with my strange sense of humor? Although, he doesn’t hear half of what goes on in my head which is probably for the best.

I wonder how many children these days will know classical music. I mean, it’s not like they show Bugs Bunny cartoons on TV anymore. Where else would they hear it? And, now that the preverbal “they” has stopped saying it improves brain function in babies it is getting more difficult to find in stores.

Good, they’re in the oven. Now, for a quick nap… On second thought, maybe I should stay awake until the cookies are out of the oven.

Why do they look so gooey? I like gooey, but these are very gooey. That’s a funny word. Gooey.

Dang it! Now they are slightly overcooked. No more gooiness for me. Sad. Sleep. Tired. Rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment