Friday, January 22, 2016

It Happened One Morning...

It started like any other morning. We went for a lovely walk through the neighborhood and baby J took a little nap. Then J woke up with teething pain. He cried and cried. We tried Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, teething rings, and finally gave him some ibuprofen. 

M was mostly the one trying to calm J down because I had decided to color my hair (it was before the crying started).  M's mom has been staying with us the past week and was also trying to help J quiet down. 

After I had showered and dressed I came out to the living room and picked J up. He immediately stopped crying. He even smiled when he saw me. We went to the couch and sat down. Then J reached up, touched my face and said, "Mama."

I thought my heart was going to explode! He has said it before when we've prompted him. "Say Mama," and then he would repeat, "Mama". For him to not only want me to comfort him and then to voluntarily call me Mama... unless you've been there you just don't know how amazing that feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment